Table of Contents
Is NodeJS really that great?
- NodeJS provides a comfortable environment for developers.
- Highly scalable and reliable technology for application development.
- NodeJS allows server-side code execution.
- NodeJS follows quicker development cycles.
- NodeJS has a large open-source community.
- NodeJS is the second most popular technology on GitHub with over 70,000 stars.
Thus, most reputed and top brand companies adopt Node JS development services for web app development due to all of the above reasons. So, to understand the reason for the rising popularity of Node.js, here we discuss the top brand companies who faced the challenges before the use of NodeJS and how they solved their problem with NodeJS?
Most Popular Companies that use NodeJS for Application Development
Generally, NodeJS development is used extensively used for web application development, but thanks to the NodeJS ecosystem, it can also be used for mobile app development. Let’s begin with the list of the top and most popular brands apps that are built using NodeJS technology:
Netflix, Linkedin, Walmart, Trello, Uber, Paypal, eBay, NASA, Groupon, Yahoo.
Why Netflix chooses NodeJS?
Now, Netflix has come under the list of companies that NodeJS for application development for:
- Using common languages for both the server and browser side.
- To enhance the performance-now, pages load within seconds.
- To have a large number of modules with open-source nature.
- To have ease in debugging, writing code, and API integration.
Linkedin is the world’s biggest website or platform for professionals and business-oriented people. Linkedin uses the Node.js development on the backend to improve the overall app performance and decrease app resource usage. Earlier, Linkedin’s backend was working on Ruby on Rails. By switching to NodeJS as a backend, it helps Linkedin improve the page speed. Before NodeJS, the Linkedin server took too many loads during the heavy traffic on the application, and it was unable to process the concurrent requests with Ruby on Rails implementation.
Why Linkedin chooses Node.js?
Here are the reasons why Linkedin moved to NodeJS from Ruby on Rails:
- With Node.js implementation, its team can reduce the number of hosting machines with a ratio of 10:1.
- With Node.js, the traffic on LinkedIn is doubled as compared to the last time.
- On the client-side, the Linkedin application runs ten times faster.
Walmart is the world’s largest supermarket chain worldwide, and it’s mobile/web application attracts around 80 million users every month. Walmart wanted to provide advanced features to its customers; that’s why they switched to NodeJS app development. Due to the asynchronous I/O feature of NodeJS, it brings excellent UI and security changes to the Walmart application. Walmart uses NodeJS at the architecture layer, so they can create the new APIs and deploy the applications within a few hours.
Why Walmart chooses NodeJS?
Here are the reasons why Walmart adopted nodejs technology as a server-side programming language:
- Walmart uses the combination of the ReactJs and NodeJS development on the frontend and backend, respectively.
- NodeJS improved the performance and decreased customer response time with enhanced customer engagements.
- With NodeJS implementation, Walmart got the results as increased conversions in the checkout cart.
- By having the nodejs in the backend, Walmart’s development teams push the updates more quickly than ever before.
- NodeJS is facilitating a range of plugins and NPM packages.
As we know, many companies use agile methodology for project management. Thus, they use project management tools to manage the project better, and interestingly, Trello is one of the best and most popular projects management tools. During the interview of the owner of Trello, Joel Spolsky revealed that they are moving to NodeJS due to the event-driven, non-blocking I/O nature. They have used NodeJS to develop the single page application and help the Trello application to process the concurrent request at once. Trello improved its prototyping features by implementing NodeJS.
Why Trello chooses NodeJS?
Here are the reasons why Trello adopted node.js technology as a server-side programming language:
- NodeJS helps Trello to make continuous and updates.
- With NodeJS, Trello engineers were able to maintain Single Page Applications(SPAs) extremely lightweight.
- NodeJS shorten the development and prototyping time in Trello.
- NodeJS makes the code maintainable and faster to develop.
- NodeJS speeds up the delivery of updates.
Uber also comes under the list of top and popular giant companies who are examples of NodeJS applications. Before implementing NodeJS in Uber applications, the developer team wanted to have extremely fast and scalable cross-platform applications that can handle huge notifications and requests at once. So, they concluded NodeJS as the best technology for them to handle the concurrent driver requests at a time. NodeJS helped the Uber development team to meet their requirements.
Why Uber chooses NodeJS?
Here is the reason why the Uber team adopted NodeJS technology as a server-side programming language:
- With NodeJS implementation, Uber applications manage to process the data quickly.
- It allows the developers to have convenient error analysis and faster code deployment.
- As NodeJS is an open-source community, it allows the Uber team to make continuous updates.
- Now, Uber can process millions of connections at a time.
- NodeJS makes Uber a reliable application.
Why PayPal chooses NodeJS?
There are several reasons why PayPal adopted the NodeJS development as a backend programming language:
- NodeJS implementation in PayPal reduced the average time by 35%.
- PayPal’s page serving is increased by 200ms.
- With NodeJS, PayPal’s development team experienced 30% less code and a 40% reduction in code lines.
- PayPal doubled its requests per second.
- PayPal pages begin to load 35% faster, with a decrease in response time.
eBay is an eCommerce giant company used for the largest marketplace that offers business-to-business and business-to-consumer internet sale services. eBay has 183 million users and is used by people from approximately 37 countries. eBay also switched to NodeJS as a backend technology since eBay’s major problem is scalability and huge traffic. Similar to Netflix and PayPal applications, the eBay application also faced problems with Java as a backend programming language, so they decided to switch their backend to NodeJS.
Why eBay chooses NodeJS?
Here are the major reasons why eBay has chosen NodeJS as a backend programming language:
- With NodeJS, the eBay application able to provide the microservices without any brokerage in the infrastructure.
- To make the application faster, they also shifted the frontend to NodeJS for better client-server interaction.
- eBay applications now serve the data on various platforms.
- With NodeJS, eBay able to provide faster services and high-end performance.
- NodeJS made the eBay application faster and more reliable.
In Final Words
Going through all the NodeJS application examples, you have observed that all the giant companies moved to NodeJS just because it is a reliable, fast, and high-performance technology. What’s more, it is an ideal technology for applications that need to handle multiple requests at a time. I hope you will like this article and implement the NodeJS development services as per the demand of your application and business. If you want to hire nodejs developer, then contact the expert team of nodejs developer, at Tekki Web Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Read More: Nodejs vs PHP – Which is Better for Web Development?