Twenty years back, a trip meant traveling to the “nearest destination with lots of effort”. People were actually needed to go to the traveling agencies and ask for their advice on the best palace, tourism procedure, time to finally conduct a visit. It was filled with extreme inconvenience and complexity.
But from the last 10 years, the scenario has positively changed. Visiting your dream destination has become a much easier task than before. This is made possible by keeping up with new technologies such as online booking, online payment, traveling insurance, etc. It definitely brought a revolution to the industry but enhanced the competition too. With more and more emerging travel agencies at every corner of the world. The tourism industry looks flooded.
- Listing a new travel agency and the hotel has become costlier. The widely followed website such as Airbnb and booking.com are charging a high fee from 14% to 20% from each individual.
- Although the past decade is impressive in the growth of the travel and tourism industry due to technological advancements. But still, a large number of tourism sectors are untouched.
- The excessive use of the internet for finding travel destinations and accommodations is a new challenge. Customer’s preference to check ratings and reviews has become a headache to small agencies.
- Customers are looking for cheaper options to travel. Be it fare, hotel, hospitality, or transport, most travelers want all at the lowest possible price. With too many competitors for one location, it has become a hectic task to manage.
- The trends of giving personalized service to customers have become a major problem for small accommodation providers. Most customers use hotels at once and shift to other options due to pricing issues.
- Technology has become an integral part of everyone’s life. Customers are demanding tech advancements in their rooms. Many accommodation providers find it out of their budget to provide such advanced equipment.
- Making a hospitality business sustainable and profitable with traditional methods is tougher than ever
- After the pandemic, the idea of social distancing is prominently followed by travelers around the world. The hospitality staff is finding it difficult to manage everything efficiently without being in physical touch.
- Big budgets poured by industry giants in advertising and marketing have also become an obstacle in growing small hotels.
- There are countless operations in the hotel industry from running booking management, staff management, attending guests, to checking the room. Keeping up with all tasks with traditional methods is hectic and time-consuming.
- Keeping and maintaining customer’s data is crucial, but most hoteliers lack in managing the data efficiently.
- Maintaining an online reputation is extremely important now. Customers tend to check the online reputation of a business before trying that.